The Graduate Route is a competitive and popular visa scheme that was launched by the UK government in July 2021. It offers flexibility, freedom, and potential for career development and personal growth. It lasts for two years for most graduates, and three years for those who have completed a PhD or other doctoral qualification. This visa is unsponsored, meaning that you do not need a job offer or an employer to sponsor your visa. You can work, or look for work, at any skill level, and switch jobs as often as you like. You can also work as a freelancer or start your own business, as long as you comply with the relevant tax and trading regulations.
· You can gain valuable work experience and enhance your skills in the UK, which is one of the world’s leading economies and a hub for innovation and creativity.
· You can explore different career options and sectors, and find the best fit for your interests and aspirations.
· You can build your professional network and connections, and access opportunities and resources that can help you advance your career.
· You can enjoy the cultural and social diversity of the UK, and experience its rich history and heritage, as well as its modern and vibrant lifestyle.
· You can apply for other visas to stay longer in the UK, such as the Skilled Worker visa, if you meet the eligibility criteria and find a suitable employer to sponsor you.
· You must be in the UK when you apply, and your current visa must be a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa.
· You must have studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree, or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa.
· You must apply before your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa expires. You can apply up to three months before your course completion date, but not earlier.
To apply, you must complete an online application form and provide your biometric information (fingerprints and photo). You will also need to submit some documents to prove your identity and eligibility, such as your passport, your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa, and your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your education provider. You do not have to wait until you have graduated or received your certificate.
The Graduate Route is a great opportunity for international graduates who want to stay and work in the UK after their studies.